How it works - 4 simple steps
Use your smartphone or computer to book one of our cars or e-bikes located in Forres, Findhorn, Kinloss, Aberlour and Craigellachie.
Fetch the car from its reserved parking bay, drive wherever you need to go, then return the car to the same place.
A car club is like a Pay As You Go way to have access to a car.
The car club owns its own cars, which are placed at various parking bays in the IV36 area:
- Orchard Road car park, Forres
- Tulloch Park car ark, Forres
- Cluny College car park, St Leonards Road, Forres
- Newbold House car park, St Leonards Road, Forres
- At the Findhorn Village Centre
- Opposite the Kimberley Inn in Findhorn village
- At Bayview – near the start of Findhorn village
- Just before the Moray Art Centre at The Park, Findhorn
- West Whins car park, The Park, Findhorn
- On North Road – on the Kinloss Southside estate
- On Glebe Road – behind Kinloss Church.
If there is not a bay close to where you live, please contact us to let us know of your interest, as we are always looking to extend the car club into new areas.
- Before you can use a car, you must first book it using a simple online booking system.
- And then pick up the keys and the car from the parking bay.
- After your journey you park the car at the same parking bay where you picked it up.
- Then you fill in a trip sheet to record how many miles you have driven. And then you return the key to the keybox.
At the end of each month you will receive a bill showing how many trips you made and the length of each trip. You will be charged according to how many miles you drove and how many hours you had the cars booked. You will be credited for any fuel you buy – the car club pays. See our current tariffs for details. And click here for a comparison with the cost of owning your own car.
We offer 3 types of membership:
- Contract: you pay a monthly subscription of £18, which entitles you to a lower hourly rate. This will save you money if you use our cars more than 15 hours a month – on average.
- Contract Light: like Contract, but you pay half the monthly subscription (£9), but about double the hourly charges. Ideal if you use our cars 7-15 hours each month.
- PAYG: you only pay an annual subscription of £16, but your hourly charge is significantly higher than for contract members. This will save you money if you only use our cars 6 hours or less each month.
- Organisational: your organisation pays an annual subscription plus an hourly charge depending on its size. The organisation nominates which staff members they wish to use our cars, and all bills are sent to the organisation. See here for details.
Over the years, the members of the car club have found that it runs more smoothly if we all agree to keep a set of simple rules that embody the quailities of consideration, cooperation and care. You need to agree to keep these rules if you want to join, and a breach of these rules can lead to expulsion. Click here to read this Membership Agreement.
Avoid all the hassle of owning, maintaining and parking your own car! We have 15 cars and 14 e-bikes spread across Forres, Findhorn, Kinloss and Aberlour.
1/3 of our fleet is electric and all the other cars are chosen for their low emissions.
You may contact us by using any of the following details.
01309 720 120
Office number, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.
08458 609 609
Helpline for members use for urgent calls outside office hours. Calls to this number cost 7p per minute plus your provider's charge for 0845 numbers.
Findhorn Hive Office
567 West Whins
Leave A Message